fish time fish time

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

HoldenOn

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Hey all,
Finally got my nitrite readings down to 0 ppm! This is 2 days in a row, and about 4 hours after a big meal. I'm going to go to my LFS soon to pick up a background, some final plants and some new fish! I have the 4 peppered corydoras and I intend to finish their shoal off this weekend by getting 4 or 5 more. Should I get my rasboras or my bolivian rams with them? Could I get the rams and the rasboras?

The tank is cycled for the fish you have now. When you add more fish, there won't be enough bacteria to cope with the waste if you get too many at once.
Getting 4 or 5 more cories with double the bioload so the bacteria will need to catch up. You need to check ammonia and nitrite after getting the new cories. Once you are sure they are staying at zero, get the rasboras, and again check ammonia and nitrite daily after you get them. Once you are sure they are staying at zero, then get the ram.

Adding too many fish all at the same time will put you back into a fish-in cycle. Slow is the way to go.

The tank is cycled for the fish you have now. When you add more fish, there won't be enough bacteria to cope with the waste if you get too many at once.
Getting 4 or 5 more cories with double the bioload so the bacteria will need to catch up. You need to check ammonia and nitrite after getting the new cories. Once you are sure they are staying at zero, get the rasboras, and again check ammonia and nitrite daily after you get them. Once you are sure they are staying at zero, then get the ram.

Adding too many fish all at the same time will put you back into a fish-in cycle. Slow is the way to go.
Thanks!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back