Fish that are possibly affected by constant dosing of macro and trace fertilizers.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Stan510

Fish Herder
Reaction score
.From the time I started with iron over 2 years ago and then added potassium...problems started with certain fish. I don't know if you have had the same problem? So far I would name Angelfish and Roseline barbs and even some large Bleeding Heart Tetras began having problems. Other fish that died on me came into the aquarium with internal parasites. The ones I named were healthy and growing well over a year..some at 3 still there but most of its kind are gone.
Those three seem sensitive to iron especially.
Anybody esle think they have had fish go south in constantly dosed/ fertilized plant aquariums?

I haven't lost fish when using aquarium plant fertiliser and I used them in marine and freshwater tanks. I use Sera Florena, which is a liquid iron based fertiliser and don't let the iron level go above 1mg/l (1ppm). Higher levels will harm fish.

You should always do a big water change before re-dosing an aquarium with plant fertiliser. This removes any unused fertiliser and reduces the risk of poisoning the fish or having an over dose from one of the ingredients.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back