Fish Tank Almost Finished!

umlaut31

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Jan 21, 2009
Messages
149
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Brighton
Well I got a fish tank for Christmas - and finally its set up! It's currently stocked with a Bristlenose Plec (although he hasn't surfaced today - he hides in my ship :P), 6 Longfinned Zebra Danios and 3 Mollies (1 pregnant - soon to drop). It's a 64l tank with decent filter and heater systems, and everything seems to be going *ahem* swimmingly :lol:

Just wondering..
  • I'm thinking about buying 6 guppies on the weekend - would this be okay
  • After the Guppies, I'll either get Angelfish (a pair)
  • Some Dwarf Gouramis
  • or perhaps a Yellow / Blue Ram

I'm hoping this would all be okay? Not too overstocked and not too much aggresion in the tank? It's my first actual tropical set-up so I want it go perfect, and I think that I'm almost there! So anyways, here are the promised pictures - and it looks a little bleak at the moment (thats 'cos I just removed the breeding trap, and my plants are slightly bent :P) - Any comments, critiques or advice would be awesome! Thanks very much!

FISH_TANK_UBER-1.jpg


FISH_TANK_UBER_2.jpg


DSC02361.jpg

(That's Zeus - my Dalmation Mollie - he's soooo awesome!)
 
Don't go for the angels. The rams and gourami should be fine.

Don't get the dwarf gourami. Theres a virus going round and they seem to die after one or two months.

Try a trio of honey or maybe a single pearl gourami.
 
Can i have a pair of Blue Ram's?

They seem to be hardy, awesome and generally good community fish!
 
ouch..

Can you suggest anything else then? Or shoudl I just stay with the Guppies, Mollies, Danios and plec for now - then around summertime get the rams?

Also - is a red-tailed black shark too big for my tank? Cos the one's in my LFS are tiny! How long till they grow?
 
Not sure i you know this but guppies are:

1) Best in a 1 male to 2 female ratio

2) Will breed like rabbits!!!!

Good Luck

Locker
 
cool i suggest bn plecos mine are practical imune and they are very hardy if you think your marbled mollie is cool youl luv plecos, how big is your tank i gota 110 litre for xmas but i can set it up yet im guna get rams later on.
i do recomend gouramis especialy honeys they are realy cool like fonzi
 
Can i have a pair of Blue Ram's?

They seem to be hardy, awesome and generally good community fish!

I have some of these which are nearing 7 months in my tank now, and for some reason they have CHANGED. gone a very horrible colour, look really thin and are quite shy now. I would suggest the honey gouramis.


ouch..

Can you suggest anything else then? Or shoudl I just stay with the Guppies, Mollies, Danios and plec for now - then around summertime get the rams?

Also - is a red-tailed black shark too big for my tank? Cos the one's in my LFS are tiny! How long till they grow?

I have not kept these, but my cousin had one and it killed quite a few fish in his tank.
 
Ah well i don't want any deaths! Not now i've got it all set up!

Well I was thinking about just 6-8 male guppies to be honest, the prospect of even more pregnancies in my tank is fantastic, but very daunting! I think I'll stick with the men for now, and then perhaps set up a breeding tank sometime in the future... (I have so many plans! hah)

I'm going for a run round all my LFS after college tomorrow, so I guess I'll be back on here with lots of ideas - but I like the sound of Honey Gouramis, except my friend said they only work well in bigger groups - another shoal in my tank would just push the bio-load too much and my filter would probably explode or something :P

We'll see - I'll be back on with a list tomorrow evening haha :good:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top