Fish supplier prices

emeraldking

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Breh.... Why cant we order from suppliers/wholesalers 😭
Maybe you can't... but I can... Got a key account at one of the wholesalers. But that's because I'm of use to them.
On order

in order to get that list I had to sign up as a store
I guess that means I can order from them now 😏
That easy, huh...? That's totally funny... :rofl: But don't you need to fill out a registration number of the Chamber of Commerce as well?
You should try to put an order out and see what happens...

OP
OP
connorlindeman

connorlindeman

Wannabe Fish Guru
2x Tank of the Month!
Reaction score
Maybe you can't... but I can... Got a key account at one of the wholesalers. But that's because I'm of use to them.

That easy, huh...? That's totally funny... :rofl: But don't you need to fill out a registration number of the Chamber of Commerce as well?
You should try to put an order out and see what happens...
I should try. It was just an online form that I had to but in my website and company name. I sell plants on Etsy so I just put that on there.

For the reseller number I put 000 or something like that.
Took me 5 minutes.
Today I got an email saying I'm all set 😅

GaryE

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Having worked at a wholesaler, nothing is more annoying than a hobbyist doing an end run. Dozens try it every day, sometimes. if they sell to you, and a store finds out, they have lost a regular customer. And a reputation.

It's why they have minimum orders, minimum orders per number, etc.

Back in the fold

That One Guy
Reaction score
Usually the pet shops won't let you see their list because fickle customers will order a certain fish and then not come back for it and the pet shop is stuck or they take it home and kill it and cause the shop owner a bunch of grief. They order what sells . Sometimes an oddball comes in with an order and if you haunt the shop you could be the lucky guy that sees it first. I love when that happens. Except the one and only time I saw Festivums at my pet shop. I hemmed and hawed and when I went back to get them they were gone. Festivum for the rest of 'em but none for me.

GaryE

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Fantasy shopping. When I sell fish, about one in three customers vanishes after ordering. It's like they want to say they found a rarity and can get it, but they don't really want it. Some come back on a regular basis and get mad when I won't answer them. Humans are weird.

A friend tripled his prices on killies, and they sold. Real buyers. I wonder there.

Rocky998

Gudgeon Man/Fry Lord
Reaction score
Fantasy shopping. When I sell fish, about one in three customers vanishes after ordering. It's like they want to say they found a rarity and can get it, but they don't really want it. Some come back on a regular basis and get mad when I won't answer them. Humans are weird.

A friend tripled his prices on killies, and they sold. Real buyers. I wonder there.
Do you make them pay 1/3rd of the payment so it makes them WANT to come back?
I don't own a shop but if your having those issues I know shops require a "before payment" in a lot of cases

GaryE

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Do you make them pay 1/3rd of the payment so it makes them WANT to come back?
I don't own a shop but if your having those issues I know shops require a "before payment" in a lot of cases
I'd never send without money up front. But a lot of these characters take you right up to the money point. You do the legwork, they vanish. And then they return. It is a little strange.

People in the business are used to it - it's why so many wholesale only. We're our own worst enemies in this hobby. A lot of stores won't special order unless they trust you because of this behaviour.

Most reactions