Fish Story

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Catx

Reaction score
So this is just a little story that might help some other new betta owners. So I have a betta sorority that has three beautiful baby girlā€™s. They are acting and look healthy, so I was surprised when I found my red crowntail, Judas, sitting in one spot and not moving. I moved my hand towards where she was and she darted away. I went downstairs and came back up a few minutes later to check in on her, and she had returned to the same spot. I thought maybe she was hiding from the other girls, but they have all been really nice to each other, and even when they first met they never chased her. She is not a problem child, and is the most peaceful out of all my betta. Then I realized she was sitting in the darkest spot in the tank, behind a hiding place. I then remembered learning that betta donā€™t live in places with constant bright light. The hood of my tank has a white light attached to it, and I usually leave it on all day because my room is very dark and itā€™s hard to see my betta withought it. I turned the light off and went back downstairs for a few more minutes. I went back up and Judas was swimming around. I left he house for a few hours and when I arrived home, I automatically checked on them. Judas was still swimming around the whole tank like she normally does. So either I was correct about the light or Judas just decided to sit in one spot for 30 minutes. Iā€™m only going to turn that light on for an hour or so everyday ,so I can see my girls, from now on. Anyway, Happy 2021!!

Betta love floating plants. As well as creating shade, they give the fish a comfortable place to rest.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back