Fish Seem To Be Dieing More Frequently

sam2793

New Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2007
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi,

About 3 weeks ago I lost a neon tetra which didn't really suprise me considering I'd had them a couple of years and they look like they are nearing the end of their life span.
About a week later my male swordtail died.
And just now, in the past week or two I have lost 2 blue rams, and 3 more swordtails.

I have tested the water and the results are perfect.

We change the tank water every 2 weeks as well.

Any help appreciated
 
About 3 weeks ago I lost a neon tetra
About a week later my male swordtail died.
And just now, in the past week or two I have lost 2 blue rams, and 3 more swordtails.

Have you inspected the dead fish?
Are there any obvious signs of illness - growths, scars, bloatedness, pine-cone looking scales etc?
Were there any signs of illness before the fish died - listlessness, clamped fins, troublesome breathing?
If nothing obvious, it could be an internal bacterial infection possibly.

I have tested the water and the results are perfect.

What do you define as perfect?
What are your readings for ammonia, nitrites & nitrates?
Have you added any other fish recently?
 
Yes, when something like that happens you have to go back to behaving like all of us newbies over in "New to the Hobby!" Are you using a good liquid-based testing kit? Are you following the directions for it carefully? How frequently are you testing? Any recent changes? Any other chemicals going in? What size tank? What flow-rate filter? How long has the tank been running? ..that kind of stuff :(

~~waterdrop~~
 

Most reactions

Back
Top