Fish R Fun Hexagon Tank Just Bought Help Me....

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Angelfisher

Reaction score
Just treated my fish to a new hexagon style tank, clever design and nice not to see a big ulgly filter in the water, it is up in the top casing. Sucks the water up a tube into a filter and back down the other side. Is this style generally noisy? A very rattling, bubbling hum, my old sting ray filter hummed like they all do but not this gurgly and loud.... is this common. :blink:

Hi,

I have one of those tanks with a couple of snails in it. My filter was a little noisy at first but after a couple of days it was near silent. Although now I have had to drop the water level in the tank to give the snails somewhere to breed , it is a little noisy again but only the sound of the water having to fall a little further than normal.

Rich

Welcome to the forum :hi:

Hmm thanks, could it just be this style of filter is not muffled by being under the water? I think I have it hooked up right. I also noticed this style don't seem to blow much air into the water, is this critical, maybe I just don't understand this new filter. Thanks for the reply.

I keep one of those tanks as a quarantine/snail tank and it's bloody noisy! rattles all night, but I've just put up with it for now. The filter isn't all that good and gets slower as time goes by too.

Sorry to disappoint you.

Paul.

YEP mine can be a noisy beastie too! and it's been going a year, have even changed the impeller/filter bit, it's still noisy!
depends what mood it's in
it's drowned out by my 2 fluval 1s in other tanks these days though!

A couple of things i do to help keep it quiet...

If it's one of the hex's with 2 seperate power outlets for the filter section then change it over, it seems to work sometimes.

Don't sit the lit properly on the top, so it's slightly a-jar - might work.

Other than that I'm afraid these cheap tanks will make a lot of noise due to the way they work.

Paul.

Cheap Tanks?? £150 is not your usual Pets at home tiny hexagon for £60, this a large tank and the filter should be of good quality, I just wasn't expecting so much noise. But if everyone else says these are noisy. I had another look and it is mainly the impeller making the most noise and that bit is actually under the water. Is this the bit that is noisy on yours? I do not know if I have a faulty one or not. Just to be sure we are talking the same tanks the model number says PAH-755 & PAH-777 on the instruction booklet. :hey:

Where did everyone go? Ohh tea time. Fish for super anyone! Have to go cook now check back tomarrow. Any solutions please post them, I want a noisless, non-algea growing, self cleaning, fish caring tank.....
and I though fish were a cheap easy pet. :hyper:

I beg your pardon, I was reffering to my hexagonal tank which is roughly 20 litres. [15 euros]

For £150 you could have got yourself a large decent tank with external filter, easily.

Paul.

yes this is what I have, but the filter is noisy, I ws wondering if this is right, I am not used to such a gurgling rattling noise. I am ot sure what you meant before hand.

Where did everyone go? Ohh tea time. Fish for super anyone! Have to go cook now check back tomarrow. Any solutions please post them, I want a noisless, non-algea growing, self cleaning, fish caring tank.....
and I though fish were a cheap easy pet. :hyper:

Sorry to ask, but do you know about cycling the tank to get all the water parameters to a safe level?

A self cleaning, non-algae growing, fish caring tank would take all the fun and effort out of the hobby!

And if you enjoy fishkeeping, then no, it isn't cheap or easy - but deffinatly well worth it!

Paul.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back