Fish In

paulypaul182

Fish Crazy
Joined
Sep 3, 2008
Messages
232
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Birmingham, Uk
I went and bought some fish from the LFS. All week ive been umming and arrring over which fish to keep. Ive been trawling the internet looking for the right species to keep. I really want oddball fish but the odder they got, the harder or more expensive they tend to be. So ive gone to the extreme other end and got some fairly normal fish.
I got 5 Zebra Danio, 3 Sterbai Cory (although I think i should have bought 5, left my list at home!!) and 5 Black Phantom Tetras (again, should have bought more).
In a couple of weeks ill buy 2 more Sterbai Cory and 3 more Black Phantoms. Im also going to get 3 Endlers, 1 BN Plec and 3 Female Dwarf Gouramis.

Maybe in a few months time ill buy a smaller tank and get a couple of Dwarf Puffers but I cant really manage them at the moment.

Once that stock is in the tank? Do you reckon I should add anymore fish or keep it how it is?
 
Im officially a plank!!!!!!
I was just checking my new flat mates and could only see 4 Zebra Danio swimming about. I looked high and low and couldnt find them. Then I had a terrible thought, what if I didnt empty them all in the tank? I quickly checked the bags that they were in and low and behold, one very dead Zebra Danio. I feel really bad now, poor little fish. :unsure:
 
Your not the first to do this and you wont be the last :( Ive done it, although I re-checked the bag after about 10 minutes and luckily the poor rasbora that got left is still alive and swimming today.

In future, net the fish out of the bag, that way you dont put any of the lfs water into your tank and you know how many you have put in.
 
Your not the first to do this and you wont be the last :( Ive done it, although I re-checked the bag after about 10 minutes and luckily the poor rasbora that got left is still alive and swimming today.

In future, net the fish out of the bag, that way you dont put any of the lfs water into your tank and you know how many you have put in.


I feel a right plank.
Ill be getting more in the next week or so. I already cocked up by not buying enough of the 3 different fish as it was.
We live and learn!
 
Yeah, I've almost made the same mistake before. :( It's sad, but you learn to never do it again. :flowers:

Your stock sounds fine, but the endlers are going to look lost in there with all of the larger, faster fish. I would skip out on them for now and see how you like the tank with more Zebras. Replace the one you got and add a few more - they like their groups, too.

I don't think you will shock the tank, as these are all fairly small, low waste fish, except for the pleco. You might want to consider getting ottos instead of the bristlenose in the end, as they are great little schoolers that do the same thing as a BN does: eat algae. If that's what you chose to do, put them in last, as they can be very sensitive little fish.

One last unrelated thing: Your signature is way too big according to the forum, and since it's related to your tank, you can move it to the area in your profile specifically for your tank stats. :good: It frees up space on the forum and keeps everything in it's place. :)
 
Ive decided against the Endlers now. Ive opted for Bolivian Rams instead. 3 of those. I was thinking about the Ottos but I hear people have a lot of trouble getting these to settle in. The plec was always going to be the last in so Ive got a while yet to think it over.
The reason behind my slow stocking isnt mainly not to shock the tank, its also to do with funds. I spent £75 last weekend at the LFS getting some equipment and plants in for the tank. I then had to spend £30 for a new light and Starter Unit and today I spent £55 on fish, fish food, more dechlor, a gravel vac and other bits. £160 on this in a week!! I could have had a good night out on that :lol:
Ive sorted the sig out. Didnt realise it was so big :o
 

Most reactions

Back
Top