Fish Have White Poo

Just_Another_One

Fishaholic
Joined
Apr 5, 2007
Messages
575
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Vancouver, Canada
Ive just noticed some little peices of whiteish poop floating around my tank. They are not stringy or clear or hanging from anyones anus.

The fish are all acting fine. Bellies look normal and no flashing or darting around.

Is it normal for some fish to have white poop regulary and stil be healthy or should I be worried about Internal Parasites?

Thanks
 
Normal on occasion, if it's consistently like that it's a concern.
 
Normal on occasion, if it's consistently like that it's a concern.

Thanks Tolak

I added some new barbs a few days ago so I think they are the culprits. I'd never seen it before in my tank. Maybe they wern't getting fed properly at the lfs and since its not stringy or clear I will just moniter it for a few days now and see how it goes.

Thanks again :)
 
My fish do this from time to time, and no problems.

:good:

-FHM
 
My fish do this from time to time, and no problems.

:good:

-FHM


That is what I was thinking as well. I think only if its clear, stringy, and/or hanging from the anus is when you have to worry about the parasites?

I was worrying before but now i am a bit better after this reassurance. I just don't want to have to use any medications. Im a bit paranoid with using strong chemicals in my house so I like to avoid it at all costs :)

Thanks for reassuring me it SHOULD be okay.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top