Fish Forums Meet and Greet?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Isn't the nose-to-nose greeting the New Zealand tradition ? Or are Mother in Laws excluded from that tradition (what I can imagine) hahahaha.
Depends entirely on the mother-in-law. What is your mother in laws nose like? The rubbing type or the punching type. You don't need to answer that question.

It’s been a long time since you’ve been around! Welcome back!
Aww, thank you!
I agree doing it right around Christmas and the holidays would be rough, with some people likely being out of town. I suggest January 2nd or December 5th.
My thoughts for the specific day would probably be the 18th or something around that.
Going from what Olive said, I think closer to the 5th would be good. The 18th is when a lot of schools kick out for the Christmas holiday, which may mean that a fair few members would be spending time with family at that point and wouldn't have the time. The further we can get away from Christmas itself would probably be better.
My thoughts were that zoom may not let us. And the time zones would be tough.
Honestly it would be best to properly research which host to use if you wanted to go ahead with it. Some sites like to put up fees for international calls, others drop unexpectedly, require personal details to be shared, e.c.t. e.c.t.

Time zones aren't all that difficult to work around. The most difficult one would be Australia and New Zealand, since they're nearly an entire day ahead of US time zones and 11 hours ahead of UK time zones, which unfortunately could exclude dear werewolf Colin and itiwhetu to name a couple. Maybe proposing two meetings for different "blocks" of time zones would fix that? Though it does complicate things a fair bit.
No racism, sexism, personal details, cuss words, or anything else along those lines or you get kicked out of the meeting and perhaps (under circumstances) get a strike
That'd definitely be good lol. Scrolling through some older posts reveals some really unsavoury rubbish about women in the fishkeeping community and other bits and bobs of bigotry that probably wouldn't be taken well in a face-to-face (well, sort of face-to-face) setting.

Aww, thank you!

Going from what Olive said, I think closer to the 5th would be good. The 18th is when a lot of schools kick out for the Christmas holiday, which may mean that a fair few members would be spending time with family at that point and wouldn't have the time. The further we can get away from Christmas itself would probably be better.

Honestly it would be best to properly research which host to use if you wanted to go ahead with it. Some sites like to put up fees for international calls, others drop unexpectedly, require personal details to be shared, e.c.t. e.c.t.

Time zones aren't all that difficult to work around. The most difficult one would be Australia and New Zealand, since they're nearly an entire day ahead of US time zones and 11 hours ahead of UK time zones, which unfortunately could exclude dear werewolf Colin and itiwhetu to name a couple. Maybe proposing two meetings for different "blocks" of time zones would fix that? Though it does complicate things a fair bit.

That'd definitely be good lol. Scrolling through some older posts reveals some really unsavoury rubbish about women in the fishkeeping community and other bits and bobs of bigotry that probably wouldn't be taken well in a face-to-face (well, sort of face-to-face) setting.
But if the difference is a day what exactly is the problem? Think the problem is when it is half a day hahahaha.

But we Europeans know our place (In bed) when you're meeting and greeting hahaha.

Have fun guys !!!! Hoping it all works out and a lot of people will join in.

It’s the tea thread isn’t it? Got you lot all stirred up again! Just pay the tea tax and be done with it!
See... People have a hard time letting go... Even things from 300 years ago... Dont worry UK were all good except we're better at being good...

(JOKING: This was not meant to discriminate what so ever)

I can't believe this was edited to keep it language friendly 🤣 I see so many words used by some Americans that are swear words in England but that's OK...but a** which is another name for a donkey is removed 🤯 I'm fine with it being changed if it causes offense, I just find it funny 😄
So if you ever meet a farmer walking his donkey down the road you can just go: "Get your a** out of here"

Btw I dont curse at all... I just decided to make a little joke lol

Wait.... it just dawned on me that if its a zoom (or related platform) meeting we will see eachothers faces? I feel like it will be so weird knowing what everyone looks like lol

Wait.... it just dawned on me that if its a zoom (or related platform) meeting we will see each others faces? I feel like it will be so weird knowing what everyone looks like lol
There's a couple of threads on this forum with pictures of members on it. Can't remember what the threads are called but one of the mods might.

This is the first one. I'm not sure the second got very far as this first one was linked in it and members continued in the older thread.

A lot of the folks in the thread are no longer active members though.

You don't have to show your face or speak during Zoom meetings.

You can communicate in the Chat section.

I only know this because I recently had training classes (for my employment) via Zoom.

Most reactions

trending

Back