Fish Crazy
Reaction score
[font="Verdana][color="#222222"]Had to change post:[/color][/font]
[font="Verdana][color="#222222"]
[/color][/font]
http://desmond.image....jpg&res=medium
http://desmond.image....jpg&res=medium [font="Verdana][color="#222222"]
[/color][/font][font="Verdana] [/font]
[font="Verdana][color="#222222"]Those are the pictures, please help me and tell me what i can do!
[/color][/font][font="Verdana][color="#222222"]
[/color][/font]
[font="Verdana]
[/font]

Thank you i am just so desperate i want to tell everyone and ask everyone for help.

Lots of fresh water. I'll bet it's an injury from getting wedged behind or beneath a decoration. Plecs are more prone to heater burns, being the sort of fish that will hang on the side of the tank or in tight crevices. A heater mounted on the back of the tank is an ideal place for them, not so ideal at all for corys, who stay mainly on the bottom.

50% water changes daily for a week, every other day the second week. I always like to add dechlor a few minutes after the water change in these situations, let the free disinfectant in the water work on any bacterial issues on the surface of the wound. A smaller hospital tank will make this easier.

I always like to add dechlor a few minutes after the water change in these situations, let the free disinfectant in the water work on any bacterial issues on the surface of the wound.
It's not my place to comment on this, but I just want to let you know that I like this idea. Something new learned today! :rolleyes: Thanks!

I am actually scared to add her to my emergency tank since my emergency tank is only 2.5 gallons and i also don't want to add any stress to her(establishing it shouldn't be a problem since i can take some water from my main tank.

So since now i am feeling better about her since you guys have helped me out so much, do you think she will make it? I think she will even though i can't see her since she is hiding in her cave without coming out or even peeking

If I were you I would do what Tolak proposed. 50% w/c daily....and I would follow his advise to add untreated (not treated with dechlorinator) water to let the antibacterial properties of the untreated water help her wound, then add dechlorinator to your tank before turning on the filter again!

I'd move her, along with the cave or some such for a hiding place. Cleaner is better, you want no substrate in the hospital tank. Since you'll be doing daily 50% water changes cycling really isn't an issue.

so the small space shouldn't hurt her? i'm going to need a new heater too...

If i am going to move her tomorrow, i will about 15% water from my main tank and add it to the hospital tank so it can be safe.

Short term for a single fish it shouldn't be a problem at all.

Alright, tomorrow i will see if i can transfer her

alright, tomorrow i will see if i can transfer her, however there is no heater :(

also, i dont knwo what that bear/cat figure thing is in your tank, but anything with paint coming of it like that wouldnt get anywhere near my tank. can only be bad news.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back