Fish Disease And Humans...

MermaidMel

Official Forum Weirdo Detective
Joined
Jul 14, 2007
Messages
3,972
Reaction score
0
Points
0
How badly, if at all do the fish diseases such as ich and columnaris affect a human?

For example, I would like to put one of my betta tanks in the dishwasher because the extreme heat should really clean it well, one of my bettas has been sick - but how would this affect my dishwasher and my family?
 
As far as I know, fish tuberculosis is the only common illness that fish get that can be passed on to humans.

Ich and columnaris can not infect humans, unless said person lives in the tank with the fish. :lol:
 
As far as I know, fish tuberculosis is the only common illness that fish get that can be passed on to humans.

Ich and columnaris can not infect humans, unless said person lives in the tank with the fish. :lol:

LMFAO!! I know I can't get ich, but what I'm asking really is, if I put a tank in the dishwasher with my dirty dishes that's had ich in it, with ich treatment, will we get tummy upset for example?
 
Why not wash it by hand with boiling water?
I can only see one obvious flaw to that suggestion haha

Cos the dishwasher gets hotter for a longer period of time l)
What is the obvious flaw... sorry I'm being slow, I don't get it :rolleyes:
 
Yeah obviously if I use boiling water I use marigolds lol

I think the dishwasher wins though :D
 
be carefull with the boiling water (obviously) lol it might crack the glass depends on how thick it is :good:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top