Fish Compatibility Help?

angelfishguy

Fish Addict
Joined
May 31, 2009
Messages
922
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
ireland(wex)
i have a 480 liter tank setup with rocks lots of hiding places and live plants..and need to know would many problems arise with keeping these fish together
6 angelfish
4 kribensis
4 blue rams
10 phantom tetras
6 rummy nose tetras
and
6 corys
any help would be very helpfull...
thanks guys and gals..
jay
 
I'm by no means an expert, but I'll see if I can add some advice.

For the cories, you'll have to be sure to get one that can withstand the high temps that the Rams (and Angels for that matter) are going to prefer. I think Sterbai or Adolf's would work.

For the 4 Kribs and 4 Rams, are you planning on getting 2 pairs of each? I'm fairly new to Kribs, but I don't think you are supposed to keep multiple females per male (as recommended for some other types of Cichlids) as the females will compete for the male's attention and once they pair up, will become quite aggressive towards other females. Same kind of thing with the Rams, however they don't compete for the males as the Kribs do. They will just bully the other females, especially when spawning. Both species become aggressive during spawning, so that's something to keep in mind. You do have a pretty large tank, so you'd want to have plenty of hiding spots (including a cave for the Kribs), to allow for multiple territories. Based on your description, you do have lots of hiding spots currently. IMO I'd be a bit worried if you had 4 pairs, in addition to the 6 Angels and you are likely to get at least one pair out of that. I had a pair of Kribs & a pair of Rams in my 55 Gallon (until my male Krib died :rip:) and there was definitely some squabbling when the Rams laid eggs, but nothing too crazy. I'd be very afraid for the Rams though if the Kribs spawned. I don't know if they would have a chance!

I might drop the Kribs & Rams to a single pair of each, and then instead up the # of Rummynose and Phantoms.

That being said, I'll let some of the more experienced give their 2 cents. :good:
 
Personally wouldnt keep rams with kribs, kribs could beat up on them, particularly if you get a breeding pair.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top