fish compatability

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

mmwhit2

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what other fish I can putin my tank that won't chew up my guppy's tails I have a 90 gallon it is 4 ft long and I think 28 tall (tank) and maybe 14 deep. this is not including the stand. I want some bigger fish I have plans to get some mollies and swordtails. and below is what I already have. And yes I am going to start tonight lowering my temp to about 79, but I do have to say everyone has done just fine at 84-86 I know I can't believe it either but it is true. :nod:

approx 14 guppies (females should always out number males 3 to 1)
3 Clown Loaches
4 Irredesent Sharks
2 Bala Sharks
1 pleco
7 platys
8 fry (and more on the way)

Swordtails, mollies, tetras... But tetras are good when you get abotu six of them!!!
My mollies are fine in my tank with my load of guppies, but some can be cranky. I have dalmation, and silver lyretal mollies!

mmWhit2 glad to hear you re lowering temp.Dont go too low if decide to get mollies.Remember they like it hot.Mollies are good even if some have an attitude witha a 90gall they should be alright;Try to get sailfins they are the biggest and most beautiful males.If want to add some swords and wanr to get something different,check aquabid.com.sometimes in the livebearers section they would offer some of the largest swords growing up to 8 inches in length.They were 'discovered' and brought to the UK and then the states in the 90's.only a few years ago.
Whatever you decide to do please,do not get a betta.

I have 11 neons in my tank and i have moonlighting.. they look awesome.. all stick together and swim about in a group.. really adds color to ur tank making it more interesting.

u could always get a pair of albinos though.. something different... small but eye-catchy

ramesses said:
Whatever you decide to do please,do not get a betta.
I disagree some bettas get along fine with guppies
like mine :nod:
and since its such a big tank and your guppies are
established theyll have space to escape

I always had problems with tetras and guppies. Tetras are famous for fin nipping. Some people say that keeping them in large schools stops this behavior I never noticed it in my tanks. I had a school of ten neons with my guppies and the whole school would follow the guppy. It was like a swarm attack!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back