Fish came! Also some quick questions .

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

TomRadford12354

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello,

Hope you all are having good day . Just got my fish today of the Internet no deaths and they seem amazing.

Just thought I would share some pictures with you guys and also had some little questions.

Fish:
A couple of Purple Emperor Tetras
2 honey gourami
1 Snow White ancistrus .

Questions:
Can you tell the sex of Gouramis at a young age ?( no colour has developed)
My Snow White Ancistrus hasn't been eating algae wafers. Any ideas on what it should have?

Thanks for taking a look .

Tom

Attachments

• IMG_4166.jpg
    IMG_4166.jpg
    290.9 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_4173.jpg
    IMG_4173.jpg
    298.4 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_4168.jpg
    IMG_4168.jpg
    279 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_4170.jpg
    IMG_4170.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_4171.jpg
    IMG_4171.jpg
    308.3 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_4173.jpg
    IMG_4173.jpg
    298.4 KB · Views: 54
Hello,

Hope you all are having good day . Just got my fish today of the Internet no deaths and they seem amazing.

Just thought I would share some pictures with you guys and also had some little questions.

Fish:
2 honey gourami
1 Snow White ancistrus .

Questions:
My Snow White Ancistrus hasn't been eating algae wafers. Any ideas on what it should have?

Tom
Pretty pleco!
Im not sure how to sex gourami sorry.
Tetra are a shoaling fish though and need to be kept in groups of at least six if the size of your tank allows. The more the merrier and the larger the group the less stressed and more healthy!

Very pretty Pleco!

I agree with @uhtafish - Tetras are a shoaling fish, and should be kept in groups of 6 or more, :)

Thank you he is one of my favourite he loves to clean his own piece of wood.

Sorry if forgot to add there is Half a dozen.
Yes as I have heard they are fin nippers .But bizarrely they are not schooling really they are more playing in 2s some of the time .

Tom

Hello,

Fish:
2 honey gourami
1 Snow White ancistrus .

Questions:

Tom
This might help.

Yes as I have heard they are fin nippers .But bizarrely they are not schooling really they are more playing in 2s some of the time .

Tom
Oh, ok, good. That is a decent size for Tetras. As usual, the more the better. (I prefer 8 or more. :))

Are you sure those are honey Gourami’s?

Tom
Awesome that you have 6. Phantoms like other larger tetras like serpaes can be a bit nippy keeping them in large groups spreads the aggression.

The photos show stressed honey gouramis - they will be stressed as they've just arrived. They are not sparkling gouramis.

Are the photos of the same fish? The photos all look like females of the natural colour of honey gourami, though as they are stressed you may have males or a mixture. Wait a few days and see what they look like once they settle in.

I have to warn you though that emperor tetras are very active fish and coupd stress the gouramis just by their swimming behaviour.

Most reactions

Back