Fish Behaviour

oswoldy

Fishaholic
Joined
Mar 4, 2009
Messages
575
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Can fish see they're reflections, the reason I ask is because my new Xray Tetra seem to spend ALOT of time swimming against the glass at one end of the tank. I was wondering if this is because they can see themselves and as they are shoaling fish are just trying to be friendly, does this seem like normal behaviour, its also the end with most current.

Mike
 
I don't think they can see their reflection if there is no background.

Where the background of your tank is, it acts like a mirror, and they will be able to see their reflections there.

-FHM
 
I have 4 golden pristella tetras (x-ray fish) as well adn they spend id say 90% of there time at the sides looking at there reflections! IM sure they can see em! In my 43 gal tank my bristle nose pleco will try to chase his reflection away and my boliv rams display/pec at there reflections its so funny!
 
I have 4 golden pristella tetras (x-ray fish) as well adn they spend id say 90% of there time at the sides looking at there reflections! IM sure they can see em! In my 43 gal tank my bristle nose pleco will try to chase his reflection away and my boliv rams display/pec at there reflections its so funny!

Thats good to know.

Thank You
Mike
 

Most reactions

Back
Top