Fish, At Long Last!

ellena

Fish Gatherer
Joined
Apr 11, 2009
Messages
2,137
Reaction score
4
Points
38
Location
GB
After fishless cycling my tank since April 13th (!) I finally got a clear 7 days of 0ppm in 12 hours, so today I went and got my fish. I had been advised 10 small fish, but both types I wanted were on offer '6 for price of 5', so I got 6 male endlers and 6 galaxy rasboras :D The endlers were at home straight away, colouring up beautifully. The galaxies are starting to come out and I hope will colour up nicely :)
Let's hope the stats stay stable [fingers crossed]
 
Thanks guys :) The galaxies are settling in nicely, fins and tails going a lovely orange. I'm going to check how to sex them to see what I've got. Don't want any babies though-there's no room!
 
if the endlers are small and colourful (red black and blues) they will be males...the galaxy rasboras are harder to sex...got any pics?
 
Yes, the endlers are def. males, a google says the rasbora females don't have a coloured pelvic fin. Going on that, I've at least 2 of each :)
 
Yes, over stocked on the inch per gallon rule, but about spot on with the cm per litre rule. They look completely lost in there though, which is good I suppose. The endlers were some of the smaller ones in the tank, so they've got some growing to do, but the galaxies look about full grown.
I would love some cherry shrimp, but I thought they needed an established filter? I was going to wait a few months then get some.
I'll try and get some pics, although whether you'll be able to see the fish, I don't know!
 
ya, would def love to see pics please :)
and congrats on ur new stock
 
Here's a pic, finally!
3841228162_34db87d847.jpg

3 endlers on the right. The galaxies are a lot shyer, but they are starting to venture out for feeding.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top