Fish art

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

This shows a trio of Xiphophorus xiphidium. They're wild platies from Lake Catemaco in Mexico. With all the breaks, I've finished this in about a month time. I love to work with ecoline.
Amazing fish. I prefer these to the ones available in the stores.

Just out of curiosity, do you take requests? I would love to hang up a picture of some fish in my new apartment I'm getting soon!
Never done that. I start making a painting, drawing or photo when I feel like doing it. But it does take some time when it's a drawing or painting. For I do have arthritis in my hands. And next week I've got my intake at the hospital. I need surgery again for the third time on my right wrist. There's a tumor growing in my right wrist where my pivot point is. At the moment I'm not drawing or painting and I have to wait till after the surgery after it all heals. I'm right handed, fyi. But yes, I am planning to do more drawing and painting for sure.
Sigh, I'm jealous! The only way that I could paint a fish would be by taking it out of the water and painting the thing with a paint roller. :(
Well, that could work... ;)😆
I kept xiphidium for many generations, and that is a most astonishing representation of them. Really incredible. Wow.
They're a bit more blue than the samples were. Blue is my favorite color. Well, if you kept them, than you must know that the phenotypes do differ per individual specimen. Just in nature, multiple phenotypes occur in the same colony. But that makes them so interesting. I'm keeping them for a number of years now.
Someone at a local farmers market (I think that’s where it was) was selling art prints that were just made with rolling pant over the dead fish and stamping it onto paper
I wonder how that must look like...
WOW, that's incredibly good!!
Thank you so much...
Amazing fish. I prefer these to the ones available in the stores.
Well, it will most likely be hard to find them at a store. The platies you'll find at the stores will be maculatus and variatus platies. This is one of the wild platy species that are mostly kept by private breeders. There are way more wild platy species that are not Xiphophorus maculatus nor Xiphophorus variatus. I keep a number of those wild platy species at home.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back