Fish addiction....

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
A new 10g runs anywhere from $15-$20. I think a used one will probably sell for around $10-$15. With a heater, air pump/stone, substrate, décor, plants, and 7 guppies, I would sell it for around $30-$40, if its all up and running and if its established. (If you where to buy a new filter for it and then sell it, I would post it for however much the filter was and a little bit more. (Example: Original post: $35, new filter cost you $15, new post price: $55, see?)
People will pay a lot for a tank that is up and running, so they don't have or do any work. Good luck. ;)

A new 10g runs anywhere from $15-$20. I think a used one will probably sell for around $10-$15. With a heater, air pump/stone, substrate, décor, plants, and 7 guppies, I would sell it for around $30-$40, if its all up and running and if its established. (If you where to buy a new filter for it and then sell it, I would post it for however much the filter was and a little bit more. (Example: Original post: $35, new filter cost you $15, new post price: $55, see?)
People will pay a lot for a tank that is up and running, so they don't have or do any work. Good luck. ;)
Okay thank you!

Mines lasted since 1972,maybe 1971. If I had every dollar I ever spent on them...but then again,what if I had every dollar back from cookies,candy bars,soda?..lol. Or..sporting events...bars...
Dates!
Its how life is.
PLUS..LFS store guys have to make a living too. You keep the economy flowing. Patriot,I salute you!

You would have better luck selling it on Craigslist or eBay. Some LFS won't be willing to but tanks at that price. They will have to make a profit.

I got my first tank in September and now I have five... so I think I fit in your category!

I'm considering (and this is only a maybe, and definitely not yet!) Selling my other two tanks as well so I can have more time to pursue eventing, barrel racing, and other horse shows, as I have not been able to fully commit at this point with too many other commitments. It's a tough decision:(

Wow, that would be a tough decision. Good luck. You can still be on the forum though!

Wow, that would be a tough decision. Good luck. You can still be on the forum though!
Yep, I might just sell the two smaller ones, along with the fish from my big one and put the 55g in storage for the future. Not sure at this point

Sounds like a good plan, if that's what you want. :)

Where I live petco has $1 gallon sale often( FYI).

I’m also taking down a few tanks. I love it but it’s consuming my life! I even bought big filter system for each tank but still water changes take hours with 7 tanks.
Going to take down the 29 gallon, 2 ten gallons.
Keep two 55 gallons and 16g bow.

Yes, every PetCo has a $ per gallon sale, but people will pay a lot more for a tank that is already setup, than a tank they have to buy each part separate. It’s the way things work in the fish world.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back