First time leaving fish for vacation

Wow, two months seems like too long, but I am almost always raising some fry or juvies. They would not do well that long unless I stuck them in a tank bombed with green, which I think I may do next month.
You could also add some dried leaf litter. As they decompose, they produce infusoria. My tank has produced a few surviving fry that I never intended. I think that's what they fed on.

You can program it to dispense up to four times in a 24-hour day. It will run every day for as long as the battery doesn't need recharging, which is up to 800 dispenses. What I like the most about this one is that it can sit far above the water, adjusts at different angles, and is very well sealed against mo

You could also add some dried leaf litter. As they decompose, they produce infusoria. My tank has produced a few surviving fry that I never intended. I think that's what they fed on.
I don't even have any expecting females yet as I am setting up new tanks, but the last local fish swap until fall is Sunday, so I will probably make a problem for myself. My vacation next month is only two weeks long, so not a huge deal. I can spike the tank in various ways with healthy things that won't rot too fast. For the livebearers floating plants, some algae and leaf litter should be good enough even for fry. I will use an auto feeder on my tetra tank. I have a school of Red Serpaes. They aren't nipping fins at all yet and I'd like to keep it that way.

Most reactions

Back