First Saltwater Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

yea...you gonna say refugium? haha

I'll tell ya, for the cost of a filter and tube of sealant, you can have a pretty nice refugium and get added flow. Especially for a tank that's smaller. I've got them on my picos and I like it a lot.

L

Honestly, if you are going fowlr a refugium or additional filtration isnt normally needed.

However, for a tank this size it will help. Chaeto can usually be purchased at any lfs with a saltwater section, just ask for chaeto. In a refugium like that you could probably put some lr rubble, sand and chaeto in it. The chaeto will need light as well. llj would definately know a little more about the hob filter conversion to a refugium construction.

Ammonia is 6.5ppm!

Progress!

My writeup...

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/382052-converting-an-aquaclear-filter-to-a-refugium/

For you? You could probably do an Aquaclear 110 and it would be sweet. Then get a 13W CF clip on for the light.

Im definitely thinking about it! haha

Ammonia is down to 3ppm!!!!!! its a miracle! haha I like watching this progression

Also...how do you all feel about bluegreen chromis...I love them...much like the maroon clowns, however they are much smaller. Would 3 be ok in there?

Im definitely thinking about it! haha

Ammonia is down to 3ppm!!!!!! its a miracle! haha I like watching this progression

Also...how do you all feel about bluegreen chromis...I love them...much like the maroon clowns, however they are much smaller. Would 3 be ok in there?

Nope :( They sure are purty though.

if i could go goby/shrimp and then another 2 small fish, why not 3 small chromis?

Yes, its very well covered, I know gobies like to jump ship, as do many fish

oh and do gobies need shrimp? I would certainly provide a shrimp and a goby to complete the pair either way, but im wondering if the relationship is absolutely nessecaryor just a luxury for them both

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back