First Crack At Aquascaping

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

ky*weremiej

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi guys,

starting my project for a nice aquascaped tank in a 40 litre small aquarium, once the tank is finished I will be keeping guppies in it but this is what I am going for,

1_PinheiroManso_2008.jpg

I will post pictures wish me luck !!!

Good luck!
Any CO2? Tanks like that one ideally need it for the carpeting plants, so I've heard anyway.
The moss trees are awesome :D

co2 kits are very expensive so I will try some of the homemade methods and basically its just trail and error, Improvise adapt and overcome.

Fabulous, make sure you document it :D Not many homemade yeast methods on here.

good luck =] cant wait to see this, my firends going for the same look in her tank or wants to 

are those expensive? I was going to do something like that with a betta when I get the money to.

The systems like the ones you link on here ky*weremiej are very expensive to run, the Tropica option that Sophie linked or the Tetra optimat do use less Co2 as you dose once perhaps twice a day and the trapped Co2 slowly becomes dissolved within the water however it's only ever going to be a low value of dissolved Co2 and probably nowhere near the recommended 20 mg/l , the bubble type gassing disuser uses more gas even to reach the same value mg/l as the gas will escape to the surface on even the smallest produced bubbles. With Yeast type Co2 generators and a little experimentation with mixtures you can get an effectively cheap way to get desired dosing for healthy plant growth.

I agree with kirkyarcher, that set costs about £75-£80 and uses 95g bottles. They won't last long at all and they are not cheap for a refill
Within a short time you would have spent altogether £150+ which is the cost of a 'custom' fire extinguisher set up. The fire extinguisher set up is far more cost effective to run. And a yeast based system is very cost effective too. A 2kg fire extinguisher would last months and months, and cost only ~£25 a refill.

The problem I have with that tank is the positioning its in a awkward location so I have to be very minimalistic and descrete with the whole setup, its the only way my misses lets me get away with it
Dunno.gif

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370787133934?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I have found the kit for pennies on ebay and I can get an extra 3 bottles for £12.99, plus I have a mate with a diving shop who wont charge me for refills I also have a mate that owns a tyre garage who I can get air of but I don't know if that will be suitable but the diving shop air is fine.

So for my the price of the setup and the substrate and plants is going to be around £60 or £80 pounds, I am good at finding thing for nothing
yahoo.gif

For all my fish tanks I have spent less than £500 and in retail cost it should have been more like around £1500.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Ah right that eBay one is the nano 50, the one you linked to earlier is the nano 150 but anyway if you can get free co2 its not too bad

I changed it to the nano 50 just above your post, but yeah free air so its not a problem
wahey.gif

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back