First And Foremost, A Thankyou

gaz gun man

Fish Addict
Joined
Mar 31, 2008
Messages
943
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Kent, UK
hey guys

First, I'd like to say a heartfelt thankyou! to all the members of this site that have given me help and advice, it is really appreciated :good:

My Fluval 125L (plastic planted/Fluval 205 filter) is now cycled and I have 10 Swordtail tetras and 6 sterbai cories in there now :D

Added them yesterday and water parameters were good this morning.

However I dont want my bacteria that I have waited so patiently for to die off, at the moment, I think I am understocked.

I'd like to add a school (10) Zebra Danio's and some (5?) Steel Blue Killifish.

What would your opinions on my stocking levels/fish selection be?

TIA guys :)
 
Steel Blue Killis is generally a intolerant species, this is particular in males. The species should be kept in a Species Only Tank.
 
Hi, what's your filtration system as your intended stock will take you a fair bit over?
 
thanks guys!

I'll avoid the steel blue's then. what would you suggest instead? I'm after something with abit of colour.


Filtration is a Fluval 205 external filter. plus I plan a weekly waterchange (approx 20L)
 
Very nice that you have an external filter. What about some Neon Rainbow fish (if you can get some?) - Melanotaenia praecox. Or a nice pair of Angel Fish? They would definitely be a feature.
 
ok how about 10 Zebra Danio's

Along with my 10 swordtail tetras and 6 sterbai cories?

would this overstock me?
 
No, that should be OK. I wouldn't worry too much abut the filter bacteria dying off, if there's not enough ammonia some of it probably already has anyway. The zebra danios should be a safe addition for now though, just do a bit more water changes to be safe.

When you have a 'mature' colony of filter bacteria (I usually say 6 months, again to be safe), you could even add some more fish provided there's enough space, just only go with what you feel comfortable with, and always err on the side of caution :).
 
thanks, i'll get some then :D

I assume 20ltrs changed a week would be ok?

I always want to err on the cautious side, hence asking you helpful people for help! :good:
 
Why not add a Dwarf Gourami as a centre piece
 

Most reactions

Back
Top