firemouths and ...?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

jay_

Reaction score
what would do well with firemouths, i just recently set up a 60 gallon tank and i have 4 firemouths that im gonna put in there as soon as it cycles, but they're quite small right now (1 1/2' - 2') and the tank will look pretty empty till they grow so just looking to add something to livin it up? my options of the fish i already have are 2 HUGE swordtails which they're in right with right now, and seem to get along fine but i understand that cichlids get very agressive as they mature. i also have some fancy lyre tail guppies in a seperate tank and zebras in another, also give or take a bunch of cories scatted amongst my tanks ... so to keep my long sentence short, which will be good companions now, later on and once they're full grown and so fourth

For a 60g I wouldn't recommend anything more than the 4 firemouths you have in there right now. If you plan on relocating fish when the need arises, then most community fish are ok with firemouths... "in general". You will sometimes get a boisterous firemouth that is too much for a community fish but this is what you'll have to decide for yourself as I can only give generalizations.

Most reactions

Back