firebelly toads

reddeerhobbiest

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
i have three fbts in a ten gallon half water, half land set up. they are really aggresive towards each other at feeding time. they will jump on each others backs and wrap their legs around them, then proceed to hold each other under the water. will they hurt or kill each other? is it possible to stop this behavoir?

well if they wrap there legs around each other and hold each other under water they are prob having an amplexus. what is that u ask it is when the breed the male gets on the females back and fertilizes the eggs. i dout they are hurting each other if you want you can go to http://talkto.thefrog.org i go there fro all my frog questions :fun:

FB toads aren't the most brilliant animals. Mine often grapple, wrestle, strangle, and attempt to drown each other :dunno: They also miss whenm they lunge for crickets, and instead grab hold of the other toad's leg :huh: The biter then refuses to believe that the leg isn't a cricket, and holds on for a while :eek: Fire bellied toads are the oddest pets I have IMO :whistle:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back