Fire Eel Isn't Afraid

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

jasonskillz

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
its been a long time since i said anything about my eel
i have probably had it for around 3 months now and it finally comes out every day and figured out when i will feed it
even though it is somewhat a afraid that my gourami will think it is a piece of noodle, it comes out for its daily meal
yayayayayayayayayyyy :hyper:

You know, I had basically the same problem with my BGK. All he did was sit behind a piece of slate all day, every day, until about 11 at night. But right now, at about 8 in the morning, he's out and about. Could'nt be happier with it. I'm glad to hear about your eel, too!

I've had my fire eel for a couple months now, and he's started to come down from his perch every morning for food, and swims around more. I'm expecting he'll be even more outgoing the bigger he gets.

Its just over a foot long he is getting braver by the day use to have to wave the food in front of a opening in the rocks and he would come out and snatch it.
Slowly been moveing my hand up to try and get him to not be afraid i would like for him to poke his head out of the water so i could feed him away from the rest of the hungy mouths.
If i can get him to do it that would be a cool vid watch this space :D

My biggest fire eel loves to hise in a hollow log but when it is feeding time he is straight out and swimming. Jason said that he looks scared after grabbing the food, but in general all eels do that so that they can eat their food where nobody can nick it off them rarther than being frightened. gr8 lookin' eel though. I love eels and they are probably my fav kind of fish. could you lot post some piccies of any kindo of eels that you have? I am just interested to see.

i dont have one, ussually keep hujeta gars and chiclids but i did see an rubber eel at an lfs... it looked weird!
typhlonectes_compressicaudus_01.jpg

you cant tell me that thats how they thought of barney! look at it! i think im going to go get one

That is realy ugly but even so, if I had the chance I would probs get one as well. They look so freeky lol.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back