Finaly Got It!

Bigpig

Fishaholic
Joined
Mar 29, 2008
Messages
510
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Portadown/Norn Iron
Right I finally got round to getting this tank after getting the living room semi ready still work to do though but almost there.

The TV mounted ect got longer cables coming so I can hide them
DSCN0968.jpg


The Tank
DSCN0970.jpg

320L tank 70.5 USG W 120cm x D 45cm x H 64cm
The equipment
Fluval 405 ex filter
Fluval Tronic 300w Heater
Life-Glo & Power-Glo T5HO Bulbs 54w each

Stocking (My Ph is 7-7.2)
Now am not sure on stocking I am thinking of
Boesemanis Rainbow fish (how many?)
Congo Tetra (how many?)
A pair of medium size plec undecided or just one

Now I don't want to fully stock on the fish above would like to have room for more at a later date or juts add more of the above

Also I plan to go planted with Black gravel. Iam just not sure which to go for? Also How much Do I need? 2 bags or will I get away with 1. I plan to use Tropica Plant Substrate underneath about 1 cm thick

http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/index.php?...p;cPath=102_223

Aqua Tank Natural Black Gravel Grain size approx 3-5mm

Hagen Black beach gravel 10-12mm in size

Hagen Extra Fine Black River Gravel Grain size of approx 2-3mm

Thanks
 
my lfs has one of those tanks on display, its beautiful, and i must say i do love your wallpaper you have very good taste, so no doubt the tank will look fab when completed :)
 
my lfs has one of those tanks on display, its beautiful, and i must say i do love your wallpaper you have very good taste, so no doubt the tank will look fab when completed :)

Typical woman, noticing the wallpaper.

I agree the tank is awesome and if i was to get one tthat big, it would be something similiar. Make sure you have a lot of floating plants to help prevent your fish doing a 'Brutis' on you.
 
Nice tank - IMO go for the smallest grain size gravel you can, will look more like sand :good:
 
my lfs has one of those tanks on display, its beautiful, and i must say i do love your wallpaper you have very good taste, so no doubt the tank will look fab when completed :)

Typical woman, noticing the wallpaper.

I agree the tank is awesome and if i was to get one tthat big, it would be something similiar. Make sure you have a lot of floating plants to help prevent your fish doing a 'Brutis' on you.



im a self confessed nosey parker ( not really but i do like the paper- a change to my all white walls in this institutuion :lol:)
 
Looking good. nice piece of bogwood you got there :) What backing are you using for the tank? Or are you leaving the lovely wallpaper look :)
 
Not sure yet. Going to leave it clear for now untill i gets some plants. But I prob end up adding a plain black one
 
Look great so far, you have gone for a setup i would always go for, it always looks the best. As in - black gravel, black background, nice centre piece of bogwood, and some lush plants.

Great stuff.
 
oh thats lovely! and you could get away with the walpaper look too ;) but i have a feeling you wont cos ur a bloke :lol:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top