Finally went fishing today! (Photo)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

If the fish spike you when handling it, use a wet piece of material. We used tea towels folded into halves or quarters and wet them in the water. Then rest the fish on that. Less chance of being spiked :)
My dad taught me how to hold one. I just keep gentle pressure on the spines and then toss them back. It works 95% of the time... The other 5% I'm bleeding 😂

I try to but they slip out and spine me 😂... I figured: "Oh no, I want proof I got you, PICTURE TIME" 😅
You just gotta learn how to hold it so it’s dorsal fin doesn’t spike you.

If it does get you though, make sure to clean the wound. When the spike punctures your skin, it also throws a lot of mucus in there, and it could get infected.

You just gotta learn how to hold it so it’s dorsal fin doesn’t spike you.

If it does get you though, make sure to clean the wound. When the spike punctures your skin, it also throws a lot of mucus in there, and it could get infected.
I got spiked by a catfish... That was lovely. I got my first one and I was so excited I forgot about the barbs on the sides... Yup... So... I had a bloody hand

Most aircraft dump most of the remaining fuel before they land. They usually do it over water or areas that aren't populated by people. It's to reduce the risk of fire if they crash on landing. There is less fuel to burn so less chance of killing everyone on board.
The only time fuel is dumped is in the event of an emergency and the gross weight is greater than max landing weight, or possibly if weight needs to be reduced due to the emergency landing runway is too short for the gross weight, density altitude, weather and runway conditions.

This is very rare.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back