Fin rot epidemic?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Here are some of her now.
ae32b439.jpg

4b761eb5.jpg

23891ac2.jpg

I can't tell which it is from the pic, but she now obviously has some kind of secondary infection - either bacterial or fungal. If you are treating with anti-biotics and not seeing any improvement (it seems to have gotten worse as far as those spots go), try some anti-fungus meds. Make sure you do a big water change before you start the new treatment but also do regular water changes afterwards - it realy, realy helps. I wouldn't euthanise her now. If the disease has not killed her yet and she's still eating, she still has a good chance of recovering fully.

She has died. Now that she's done, I can focus on getting those nitrites down. Had to move the tank across the room, freaked everybody out. I gotta go find some more kuhlis once I get them down. And another honey.

You didn't mention the nitrItes before - this is what would have killed the kuhlies (and probably her in the end as well). Anyway, I'm sorry for your loss but good luck with your remaining fish. Don't hurry out and add anything until the tank's settled though...

Yeah the nitrItes are a bit high, around 2 ppm. Once the tank settles I'll look into some more kuhlis :D

Most reactions

Back