Filter recommendation for 5Galoon betta tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

IdoA

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello,
Ive got a 5 galoon beta tank and looking for the ideal filter for it. (I attached a photo of the aquarium).
I want it to keep the aquarium clean yet be safe for the beta..

Considering the aqua clear 20 but heard it might be too much for a 5 galoon.

Thanks in advance,
Ido

Attachments

• IMG-20220209-WA0013.jpeg
    IMG-20220209-WA0013.jpeg
    158.5 KB · Views: 41
For a betta, an air powered sponge filter is ideal. You would need to but both an air pump and the filter, and possibly air line tubing and one way valve if not included with the pump.

There are small internal filters suitable for bettas. I have used Maidenhead Aquatics Aqua Internal Filter 50, which I think is actually Superfish Aquaflow 50 under MA's own name. There filters have a variable flow using a flow regulator on the optional mini spray bar. The media is a sponge with a cavity filled with carbon. Mine had a small sponge plug on top of this cavity so I just emptied the carbo out and put more sponge in its place. I never replaced the sponge, just washed it in water removed during a water change.

The website https://www.pro-shrimp.co.uk/14-filtration sells filters suitable for shrimps, and these are also ideal for bettas. Any small filter with an adjustable flow is OK, but make sure the media is not simply carbon cartridges.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back