Filter Question

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Gilli

Gilli
Reaction score
In 2 weeks time I will be upgrading to a 4ft tank. At the moment I am currently running a new INTERPET EPF 250 EXTERNAL FILTER in the old tank (9 months mature) until the new tank arrives. The new external filter has been running in my mature tank for 4 weeks now to seed it before the new tanks arrival.

As I have no knowledge of modern filters (my current tank and all previous ones years ago have had an undergravel filter) would you please let me know how often I need to clean the sponges (obviously in tank water as I know about needing the bacteria), and how often I shoudl clean these ceramic disc thingies that are also in it which apparently hold bacteria too?

power filters should be cleaned about once a month. Sponges, ceramic beads/ noodles, and other types of filter media all get cleaned in a bucket of tank water. Carbon (black granulated substance) should be replaced each month when you clean the filter. Or just get rid of the carbon and put in another sponge or some white filter wool (Dacron).

Most reactions

Back