The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

weronikadkonis

Reaction score
Hi,
So I have just recently upgraded to the QubiQ 30 LED tank which has an inbuilt filter system. I planned on cycling the tank for a week before introducing my betta to its new home. However,
once I filled the tank up with water and plugged in the filter it started making a rather annoying noise, unfortunately I can not attach a video of the sound on here. I uploaded the picture of the filter with the cartridge in and what is at the bottom, powering it. A very simple set up but seems impossible to fix
I tried plugging it out and inspecting whether if it coming from the filter media cartridge and that definitely wasn’t the source.
I had to skip the cycling part of the process and added the water from the old tank as well as the old filter into the QubiQ, also put in there as much gravel and plants from the old set up so to ensure the right bacterial balance for the fish. Had to do this as the new filter is unbearable to try and fall asleep with so I turn it off now, leaving the old filter in.
Any ideas how I could fix the problem? The manufacturer does not seem to sell new filter as a whole, just the filter media cartridges.

Attachments

• BDD09871-6FA7-449A-B545-D38DA75AD2EA.jpeg
    BDD09871-6FA7-449A-B545-D38DA75AD2EA.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 107
  • 93209E15-AF55-4F0F-BD9A-299A3894CF27.jpeg
    93209E15-AF55-4F0F-BD9A-299A3894CF27.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 117
Have you tried to clean it? Gunk could be clogging up the propeller.

This happens to my filters if I don’t clean them for a while. :)

Have you tried to clean it? Gunk could be clogging up the propeller.

This happens to my filters if I don’t clean them for a while. :)
And cycling will take longer than just a week. It'll take usually a month or more and bettas (from my own experience) are sensetive to poor water quality.

A google search brought me here and unfortunately I have an identical problem with the same aquarium (Qubiq 30 Pro). It seems that nothing works and the noice comes probably from a vibration between the filter and the glass, but since the filter is fixed in its position, you cannot really do anything about it. Has anybody found any solution to this? :(

A google search brought me here and unfortunately I have an identical problem with the same aquarium (Qubiq 30 Pro). It seems that nothing works and the noice comes probably from a vibration between the filter and the glass, but since the filter is fixed in its position, you cannot really do anything about it. Has anybody found any solution to this? :(

If the filter is actually working properly could you not put some sponge or something behind it between the filter and the glass to dampen the noise?

Welcome to the forum! :hi:

When was the last time you disassembled and cleaned it?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back