Filter For A 28gallon

MewMew42

Fish Herder
Joined
Feb 13, 2009
Messages
1,420
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Manchester UK
just simply want to know if a fluval 3+ will be okay for a 28 gallon?
if not any recommendations?

thanks =]

ps 200w heater okay?
 
I would go for the model up. Also have a look at the new Fluvals U Series they meant to be really good
 
200 watt heater is fine. Fluval is fine as well depending on your fish. Some fish will be blasted across the tank due to issues swimming against the current, keep that in mind when choosing. Angels are a good example of this.

Alternative filters would be: Aqua Clear, Marineland Bio-Wheel or a Caninster Filter if money permits.

I hear the Marineland Magnum Canister is only good for polishing water and is poor as a basic filter, I may have heard wrong.
 
It's certainly rated high enough at 185gph. I have Fluval externals on my 75 gallon and have gotten very good service from them.
 
200 watt heater is fine. Fluval is fine as well depending on your fish. Some fish will be blasted across the tank due to issues swimming against the current, keep that in mind when choosing. Angels are a good example of this.

Alternative filters would be: Aqua Clear, Marineland Bio-Wheel or a Caninster Filter if money permits.

I hear the Marineland Magnum Canister is only good for polishing water and is poor as a basic filter, I may have heard wrong.

The Fuval+ have adjustable flow and the U series have a built in spry bar
 
200 watt heater is fine. Fluval is fine as well depending on your fish. Some fish will be blasted across the tank due to issues swimming against the current, keep that in mind when choosing. Angels are a good example of this.

Alternative filters would be: Aqua Clear, Marineland Bio-Wheel or a Caninster Filter if money permits.

I hear the Marineland Magnum Canister is only good for polishing water and is poor as a basic filter, I may have heard wrong.

The Fuval+ have adjustable flow and the U series have a built in spry bar

i have a fluvial 3+ on my 125l it works fine and has a great flow which my harlequins love....

however find the flow slows down quite quickly usually after about 2 weeks, either upgrade to the fluvial 4+ or get another fluvial 3+...i have done the later....very cheap2nd hand
 
fluval 3+ and 4+ are on special offer on some ebay shops so have a look on there , i would go for the 4+ if you can afford it (under £30 with postage new on ebay)
They are simple to maintain - just rinse the sponges in tank water when ever the flow slows down - dont replace the sponges as they recommend - just a waste of money - unless the sponges are falling apart
 
okay thats great!

thanks for the advice, ill have a quick look around the shops online

=]
 

Most reactions

Back
Top