Female Swordtail died

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Eelzor

This shrimp is so good it needs to be seen in wide
Reaction score
Well for some reason the fat female one I bought from the store died. The rest of the gang are doing great though. The female swordtail was constantly swimming towards my mini-rapids in the corner of the tank. I think she wore herself out by swimming into it non-stop. (and I mean non-stop!) She always hang out at the surface for some reason too. I'm not sure if she was pregnant but it doesn't matter anymore. I'll be getting another female but I better make sure this one is not pregnant or 'fat looking' just in case.

Eelzor said:
Well for some reason the fat female one I bought from the store died. The rest of the gang are doing great though. The female swordtail was constantly swimming towards my mini-rapids in the corner of the tank. I think she wore herself out by swimming into it non-stop. (and I mean non-stop!) She always hang out at the surface for some reason too. I'm not sure if she was pregnant but it doesn't matter anymore. I'll be getting another female but I better make sure this one is not pregnant or 'fat looking' just in case.
Sorry to hear about your Swordtail female, Eelzor :( I bought a "fat" (assumed to be pregnant) female Platy from the lfs one time, in hopes that I would have fry soon. Within a week or two she died. I'm pretty sure she had dropsy. :/ Not fun, but what can ya do? (No, I'm not asking about dropsy treatments :) )

Pamela
aka Lizard

Ok, I got a new swordtail and It has a nice bluish/orange tang to it. A bit of a black underside too. She was bought without being pregnent and she it doing great! :thumbs:

swordtail, my friend. ;) :p

doll_dagga_buzz_buzz_ziggity_zag said:
my female swordtail died a couple of hours after giving birth :-(
so im going to keep one of her fry so she can live on :drink:
That happened to my poor female swordtail Trestles after she had babies. At the time she was being traeted for tail rot so some of them died from, well. I guess it was overexposeure to the medicine. Nine of them are living and there are 2 weeks old.

Most reactions

trending

Back