Female Platy not looking good

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Chilled Babe

Reaction score
I wonder if someone could give me some advice. I have had my tank up and running now for 6 months. I started off with a male and female platy after 3 days she had 13 babies whom are all still alive and well. After her second lot of babies she has become very unwell. She has lost weight and seems to hide a lot. There were some guppies present before her 2nd lot of babies that were bullying her quite badly but I took them back to the LFS. She continued to hide a bit. I left her and lived in hope that she would get better as I have got quite attached to her. She does eat a little but I can not see anything physically wrong with her apart from the weight loss and her fins are close to her. Do I leave her alone and let nature take it course? Even my 4 year old daughter said she looks so sad!

Another question. One of the babies seems to be hanging on to the heater like it is cold ? what could be wrong.

Ammonia 0
Ph 7.6
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 10

7 plants
Bogwood

1 male platy
1 female platy
13 baby platies
1 female guppy
2 male guppies
1 spotted catfish
8 cardinal tetras

100 litre tank
Aquar Clear Filter
Heater
:sad:

I would just keep an eye on her. She may just be stressed out. Add some stress coat and keep us posted. :)

I added some stress coat this afternoon before I added 4 more cardinal tetras. At least she has been out of hiding for the last few days. I'll let you know what happens.

Thanks

Most reactions

Back