Female Krib

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Hi I have carried my handbag on me bike but then had a nice shade of lippy on aswell but def lacking the high heels which would have to be white as an essex girl,
hehe.gif
sorry of topic
cathy

Hi tcamos At the beging of this thread I mentioned about my friends female krib , she was going to take her back to the lfs so I have had her now for a couple of days in me tank and she has settled in well , she has had a couple of spats but mainly at feeding time and seems mainly with my spotted headstander but he gives back as good as she gets .
She stays away from my 3 keyholes which I think are all males now . she really is a lovely fish with lots of personality, but keeping close eye just in case this changes
cathy

Kribs are my personal favorite cichlid. There is a depth of color to them that changes with their mood and mating that make them a very interesting fish to keep around. They are mild mannered enough for some community tanks but as you noted do hold their own.

Hi I am keeping an eye on her as my headstander which is now called nipper , I originally had 6 and the other 5 kept on picking on him to the point he lost 3/4 of his tail and stopped eating so I gave the 5 away to a lady on this forum and it has taken a long time for his tail to nearly get back to normal , so dont really want him to go back to being picked on as very attached to him , will keep you posted on her
cathy

Clearly he's a favorite fish if you would get rid of all the others!

You say about them changing colour with mood, I've noticed that but didn't know what it was, at first i thought it was a sign of stress or something but you have eased my mind now.
Most times they are vivid but at times I've noticed one or both look very pale. I have 2 females in a community tank too, one is vivid but the other nearly always pale, I'm guessing the vivi one which is bigger too by the way is more dominant and that is her way of showing it or am I wrong?

Wait until they really get mad...the belly turns nearly black! It's amazing to see and it happens so quick. The colors do play a role in dominance for sure. My female was always the boss.

Ah the belly turning black, I have seen that in the smaller female sometimes, again I thought it was a stress related sign, well I suppose it is in a way, later I have notice the black seems to fade, thanks for all this info it's great.

...well I suppose it is in a way...
Exactly. It's just a kind of stress they choose to undergo. I have three yellow tail blue damsels and a blue reef chromis in my marine tank, they turn black as night when they are ticked off with other fish.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back