Hi,
I'm pretty new to owning fish. We got our first tank in December and since have bought a 2nd tank for the smallfry and now hubby bought a small tank and a siamese fighting fish. What i want to know is whether it was ok to put in 2 catfish with it. For some reason he bought them as well and unlike other catfish (we have bristlenosed in the other tank) these swim around a lot and don't stay on the bottom. I am wondering if this is annoying the betta. She is only young. She doesn't seem very active either. She stares at herself in the glass and goes to the top every few minutes. I was wondering if maybe we could get her a companion, another female but than i've read the least should be 4. Also there is sand on the bottom with some plants and small pebbles for decoration. Should we build her a cave? Do they like them? I have no idea how to look after a betta.
Any advice appreciated.
I'm pretty new to owning fish. We got our first tank in December and since have bought a 2nd tank for the smallfry and now hubby bought a small tank and a siamese fighting fish. What i want to know is whether it was ok to put in 2 catfish with it. For some reason he bought them as well and unlike other catfish (we have bristlenosed in the other tank) these swim around a lot and don't stay on the bottom. I am wondering if this is annoying the betta. She is only young. She doesn't seem very active either. She stares at herself in the glass and goes to the top every few minutes. I was wondering if maybe we could get her a companion, another female but than i've read the least should be 4. Also there is sand on the bottom with some plants and small pebbles for decoration. Should we build her a cave? Do they like them? I have no idea how to look after a betta.
Any advice appreciated.







