Female Betta In Community Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Not in a tank that small. I've had 3 females in a heavily planted tank before but it was bigger than yours and the girls hardly saw each other. In a 10 gallon, they'll probably fight if there is less than 5/6 of them.

Obviously, you can try it, but I'd recommend you not to, for the sake of the fish.

male platties are good if you dont want babies, just make sure they dont turn to girls! (alot of the time LFS get it wrong)

you MAY be ok to try 2 or 3 females.

I think haych meant platies?

no, i meant bettas, i thought as they wouldnt be the only occupants it COULD be possible, but i'm not 100% certain of this, i had three before with no issues with each other, but admittedly it was a four foot tank.

as i said, i'm still learning with girlies myself!

oh ok srry about that. but a 4ft tank might of had some influence...

no, i meant bettas, i thought as they wouldnt be the only occupants it COULD be possible, but i'm not 100% certain of this, i had three before with no issues with each other, but admittedly it was a four foot tank.

as i said, i'm still learning with girlies myself!
Oh. Ooooooooooooooooh. LOL. I actually didn't think it was a good idea not because of the aggression, but because of the stocking levels. So, yeah. I guess we're both learning.

Actually, I saw one forum that said you should have no more than 3 female bettas in a ten gallon, and I guess it worked for them, or else they wouldn't be advising it to people. Also, one guide I read said that you should have 8 in a ten gallon because it spread out the aggression more. There's a lot of conflicting info out there.

Anyone else have suggestions for stocking? So far it's not changed:
1 female betta
3 platies
6 harlquin rasbora

males and females are like a male and male. trust me.... i tried that... R.I.P. for the female :(

males and females are like a male and male. trust me.... i tried that... R.I.P. for the female :(
She meant one male, replacing the one female. Sorry about your betta, though. :no:

Do you think a male betta would be just as aggressive as a female in a community tank?

She meant one male, replacing the one female. Sorry about your betta, though. :no:

Do you think a male betta would be just as aggressive as a female in a community tank?

ya its to bad, i didn't do my research :(

Anyways, In my 10 gallon I have a male betta, 2 julii corys,2 albino corys, and I will be getting 3 platies soon (hopefully before Christmas) maybe you can try something like that?

I have 1 female betta in my community tank

The other occupants are

1 Bala shark
6 Rosy tetras
5 Rasporas
2 Adult female guppies
4 Baby guppies ( 6 mths )
4 Zebra danios
4 Leopard danios
3 Blue rams
2 Chinese algae eaters

It is a 240l tank with lots of live plants

Had no probs so far!!

a male in a community would be ok, as i said as long as he goes in last!

i did yes - thank you

Anyways, In my 10 gallon I have a male betta, 2 julii corys,2 albino corys, and I will be getting 3 platies soon (hopefully before Christmas) maybe you can try something like that?

make sure you rearrange his terratory so he doesnt attack the new inhabitants

a male in a community would be ok, as i said as long as he goes in last!

i did yes - thank you

make sure you rearrange his terratory so he doesnt attack the new inhabitants

yep i want to get one of those slate sets, they look cool

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back