feeding

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

:hi: to the forums, TreMoun!

As a general rule, in each meal, feed as much as your fish will eat in 2-3 minutes. 2 servings a day is fine. (Obviously, if you have a younger fish or fry feed less.) What species do you have? Is it a community tank?

Remember, don't overfeed because the uneaten food will sink to the bottom and pollute the tank. :sick:

SPLiSH said:
:hi: to the forums, TreMoun!

As a general rule, in each meal, feed as much as your fish will eat in 2-3 minutes. 2 servings a day is fine. (Obviously, if you have a younger fish or fry feed less.) What species do you have? Is it a community tank?

Remember, don't overfeed because the uneaten food will sink to the bottom and pollute the tank. :sick:
well,,i have 2 gourmies,,8 cardinal tetras,,1 albino pleco,,and 2 blood fin tetras.
they always look hungry..i'm scarred that i'm underfeeding them..
thnx

Fish will always beg for food but be careful not to over feed. I tend to fish my fish every second night or so after the don't seem interested or 5 mins have past remove any left over uneatten food.

Yeah those loaches trying to look atll pathetic and hungry, don't fall for it! :lol:

my fish constantly want to be fed :rolleyes:
even if i open the lid on the tank they go crazy
i usually feed mine every second day. mainly so i know for sure im not overfeeding and so they have a little time to recover if they did happen to get too much food (im not saying i put too much food in the tank at once but some of my neons tend to get a bit excited and eat more than they can handle :rolleyes: )

Most reactions

Back