Feeding Rusty Pleco?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Besty42

Reaction score
I have a rusty pleco and am unsure what to feed him. So far he gets cucumber twice a week, algae wafers every night, for him and 6 corys, but the platys and tetras help themselves. I have tried apple, no success, he has a small piece of driftwood but doesn't seem very interested at the mo.

Any ideas? Anyone else have a rusty plec and have a diet which he loves? He's been doing alright on the algae in the tank and the cucumber but there's not quite enough nutrients just in that.

Thanks

Keep on trying him with different things; he might not recognise them as food at first.

You could also try him on catfish pellets (your cories will like those too) or frozen (defrosted!) bloodworm.

Fed all the fish bloodworms last night, me rusty didn't seem interested in them at all. It'll be pepper today!

came home from walk to fin the rusty munching on the pepper. i wedged it in the gap i put the cucumber hoping he'd then recognise it as food and obviously it worked! thanks for the help, will be trying some lettuce next shop. Which type is best? thanks
rolleyes.gif

Anything except iceberg :)

just added some ruby lettuce, fresh not blanched
fish.gif

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back