Feeding question

poindexter said:
Isnt 10-12 pellets a lot?? i feed betta bio gold pellets and i only give about 3-4 pellets twice a day. Am I depriving my bettas??
Sometimes i feed them tetra freeze dried blood worms, but to be honest they dont really love them, like they dont go crazy over them how i hear other pplz bettas do. ahh well....ok back to the main point here, am i starving my bettas?!?!
~dEx :*
I feed my guys once a day for 4 days straight - freeze-dried bloodworms. That is when I'm working. It ensures they'll eat everything they are given. Then for 2 of the 3 days I don't work, I feed them 3 times, but small amounts and varied food. On tank-cleaning/water change day, I feed everyone after I've done all tanks.

I agree with Inchworm and I also feed mine however much they want. 10-12 pellets may seem like a lot but it's really not, they inhale at least 3 or 4 in a gulp and there's never food leftover and they're always anxious for more food in the evenings :p

wuvmybetta said:
...they inhale at least 3 or 4 in a gulp and there's never food leftover and they're always anxious for more food in the evenings :p
Bettas are funny when it comes to eating! Sometimes they almost play with their food, spitting it out and catching it again.

A couple of days ago Ghost (skinny little thing that he is) jumped up and grabbed a mouthful of bloodworms just as I was getting ready to put them in the tank. I counted 6 ends sticking out of his mouth! :eek: I thought he would spit them out and catch them one at a time, but oh no! He ate them all at once; then he went for more!

Can a Betta thrive on just bloodworms? I'm still trying to work him into the Hikari pellets, but he still doesn't seem to be taking them.

jazzx101 said:
Can a Betta thrive on just bloodworms? I'm still trying to work him into the Hikari pellets, but he still doesn't seem to be taking them.
Hi jazzx101 :)

I think the most important thing is that he eat something. As long as he is eating bloodworms, he'll be OK. Of course, a balanced diet is better, but take your time. Just try one thing and then another until you find something he likes. (Mine eat goldfish granules, too.)

Most reactions

Back