Feeding Issue

shortymet55

Fishaholic
Joined
Sep 23, 2007
Messages
468
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Maryland
Whenever I used to feed my fish, the Swordtails and Rasboras would go to the top and eat and whatever didnt make it in their mouth, but they hit would fall to the the bottom and on the way down by eaten by my Cardinal tetras. Hoever, not thinking about this I moved my fish around to new tanks. The Swordtails to one and the Cardinals Stayed. There alone now. Just 9 of them in my 10 gallon. I thought I would do them a treat and feed them dried bloodworms, but they float. None of the Tetras will eat them. I tried to knock them down, but the worms float back up. Am I going to have to stop feeding them this, or will they learn to go up to eat? I also have trouble with flake food that also stays on the top until something hits it, whether fish or filter (Now only filter). THanks
 
most fish learn to take foods from the surface, even marine fish and that is completely un-natural to them. Give them some time and they should learn to go up for food :)
 
Great Thanks. Ill just put some food in there and eventually (I hope) They will find and enjoy.
 
if that doesnt work...what i used was the corner end of a plastic baggie. put a lot...but not A LOT of bloodworms in there and kind of pack it in real tight. twist it about 20 times and it becomes very tight. use a twistie-tie (from bread bags) and adjust it till it kind of sinks half way (buoyancy). usualy i cut my twistie-tie in half...but anyway, cut the corner from the bag and use the twistie-tie to just hold the twisted end of the baggie corner together. finish it by cutting a few small slits in it so it will come through (i find that the bigger slits the better). my finished process is no bigger than a dime. it works for the middle and bottom feeders and have about 5 already premade
 

Most reactions

Back
Top