Feeding Daphnia Moina

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Mostlydave

Reaction score
I just picked up a starter of 500 daphnia moina and I'm hoping to have a sustainable culture but I have some feeding questions,

I've done a lot of online research and I see that you can feed daphnia yeast and spirulina, I already have a pound of spirulina and want to pick up some activated yeast and feed a mixture of the two.

here's my question, how much should I feed the culture? I picked up two 1.75 gallon plastic aquariums to use for the daphnia.

Should I feed a small amount twice a day, should I mix the yeast and spirulina and then add to tank water and feed?

anyone that could offer any tips would be grealtly appreciated, I'm really hoping to get a good sustainable culture going!

I just keep my daphnia cultures in the sun in the non-winter months and they breed like crazy. But you can feed them if you want to. Feed them until the water is a little cloudy, and dont feed again until it is clear. You dont want the water to spoil when you dont have many Moina, but when you have lots this is almost impossible since they eat all the waterborne bacteria. By the way, do you really have the tiny Moina, or are they daphnia, if you have the tiny Moina I would like to buy a little starter culture from you for fiver. Let me know.

I just picked up a starter of 500 daphnia moina and I'm hoping to have a sustainable culture but I have some feeding questions,

I've done a lot of online research and I see that you can feed daphnia yeast and spirulina, I already have a pound of spirulina and want to pick up some activated yeast and feed a mixture of the two.

here's my question, how much should I feed the culture? I picked up two 1.75 gallon plastic aquariums to use for the daphnia.

Should I feed a small amount twice a day, should I mix the yeast and spirulina and then add to tank water and feed?

anyone that could offer any tips would be grealtly appreciated, I'm really hoping to get a good sustainable culture going!

Hi dave,
I am interested in obtaining Moina starter,
please let me know if you still have them and willing to share :)

I fed a mix of spirulina powder, paprika and brewers yeast quite often but ended up losing my culture after a few months. I could not culture enough green water to feed my culture and it failed when I tried using the artificial feeding regime instead. I will listen to anyone who succeeds for a year or more with them though.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back