Feeding Apple Snails

Yep, I've got some live plants - mostly amazon sword, but so far Darwin (named so since he is highly evolved) has kept to cleaning them rather than eating them - so I assume he is not too hungry.

I feed mine blanched lettuce, zucchini, and cucumber. He 'shares' it with my Oto...They always play a little game of tug of war over the lettuce, seeing a snail quite literally race after something else for food is the funniest thing you'll ever see.

do you feed the cucumber raw or cooked?

I am so glad I found this post because I had no idea apple snails were able to eat cucumber and lettuce. I have been feeding mine algea wafers but I will now begin to feed them other things.

I am so glad I found this post because I had no idea apple snails were able to eat cucumber and lettuce. I have been feeding mine algea wafers but I will now begin to feed them other things.
It's funny, my little snail is my motivation to go to my local produce store for me to keep up with my fruit and veggie intake. :D

It's funny, my little snail is my motivation to go to my local produce store for me to keep up with my fruit and veggie intake. :D

Good on him – we veggies need all the help we can get! :nod:
In my experience, apples will eat almost ANYTHING from the fruit and veggie isle of your local supermarket (not hot and spicy stuff, so avoid onions, peppers, and most herbs – and wash it first if not organic..!)
And one other thing not often mentioned – my apples breed better in my cold-water goldfish tank...

I didn't know you could feed snails with veggies. Is it ok to throw them in with fish in the tank? Will the snail eat te whole thing? How much d I feed him?

Good thread :D

I use Screwcumbers to weight down my veggies for my apple snails.
123.jpg

They love cucumber mainly, but also get courgette and some of the heavier lettuce leaves along with snail tabs you can by from snailshop.co.uk :good:

I just leave my veg in overnight and remove and refresh it the next day :D

Hey, I don't mean to change the subject but we are feeding our two (rather large) apple snails frozen food, usually bloodworm or brine shrimp. Is this ok?

Most reactions

Back