Feeding ADF when i'm gone

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ash Paws

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi guys!

I have another question. I am leaving on vacation for 2 nights, we are having a pet sitter come over to feed most of my pets, but I don't know what to do about my African dwarf Neptune. I always feed him brine shrimp, bloodworms annd mysis through a turkey baster but its a lot of work for the pet sitter. So I was thinking of getting a vacation feeder, like the pieces of solid food that slowly release pieces of the fish food, but Neptune is really slow to eat and he lives with my betta fish who always tries to steal food from him.

I also dont want the vacation food to materialize or to have my betta steal all of the food, especially since he is going to be fed by the pet sitter. Any opinions on how to feed my frog when I'm gone?

Thanks!

Ash Paws

Last edited:
Don't use the weekend feeders. They are flake food in layers of calcium and the frog won't eat the flake.

Don't bother getting anyone to feed them if you are only going for 2 days.

Just feed the fish and frog really well for a couple of days before you go then leave them without food. They will be fine.

On a side note, are you only feeding the frog bloodworms, brineshrimp and mysis shrimp?
If yes, perhaps add a few more foods like prawn/ shrimp, fish & earthworms to its diet, and maybe add a vitamin supplement for amphibians. If you can't find one specifically for frogs and newts, get one for birds or reptiles.

Try to find a powdered form and sprinkle it over the food a couple of times a week.

On a side note, are you only feeding the frog bloodworms, brineshrimp and mysis shrimp?
If yes, perhaps add a few more foods like prawn/ shrimp, fish & earthworms to its diet, and maybe add a vitamin supplement for amphibians. If you can't find one specifically for frogs and newts, get one for birds or reptiles.

Try to find a powdered form and sprinkle it over the food a couple of times a week.

Okay, thanks. I was a bit worried i wast balancing Neptune's diet enough. I'll consider buying some frog/newt pellets. I already have some but they are really old so I'll probably get some more.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back