Favourite Films

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Have you seen the mini series, much more detailed...I put it in the list 'cause I love the story even though the film is nowhere near as good as the book. It is still interesting for someone who hasn't seen it, although I suspect people these days would shudder at the poor quality of the special effects, it is old though.

And yes it has sting in it...

edit: I've struck it out in my list now as to not get ridiculed anymore for MY choice..........
tongue2.gif

Yup. Ha ha

no I was only saying how a film tends to disappoint after you've read the book. It was the same for me with clear and present danger, a few king books (although out of all the adaptations king tends to have slightly better made ones)

I'm sure if I hadn't read the book I probably would have liked the film. Go ahead and reinstate it. Stings not bad either. But he does have really odd technique on the bass.

Watched the imaginarium of dr parnassus last night.. Bit odd, not sure if I like it yet...

lots of people seem to like the lord of the rings.. ive never read it/them or seen the movies.. maybe im not intelligent to " get it""
unsure.gif

i like guns, drugs ( not personally) and straight to the point cars.. simple minded i guess :lol:

I could never get into lord of the rings either. One part of a good adaptation is fitting the story in the allocated time. Not fitting the time around the story. I can't be bothered to sit down for that long.

Chris, have you seen "The Fountain", that's a oddly beautiful film: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0414993/
Well worth a watch...but you may be ignoring my film choices now
laugh.gif

I haven't seen [font="arial][size="2"]imaginarium of dr parnassus, but I'm guessing it's very interesting, it's a Terry Gilliam movie after all....I'll have to watch that soon.[/size][/font]

I could never get into lord of the rings either. One part of a good adaptation is fitting the story in the allocated time. Not fitting the time around the story. I can't be bothered to sit down for that long.

I watched the extended version (6 DVD's) only last weekend with the family, over 2 days, I love those movies!
@Shelagh - my 6 yr old son almost gets it, so I am sure you'll be fine
biggrin.gif

I am waiting for "The Hobbits" saga to start next: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0903624/ I just wish they made the movies in the right order, I would have been a great build up...

I'll add the fountain to my list and if I see the DVD I'll get it.

Yeah the imaginarium is very very odd. Fairly dark. Dr parnassus made a deal with the devil for immortality. So his daughter will belong to the devil after her 16th birthday... Unless dr parnassus can win a bet and get 5 more "followers" before the devil does. It's worth watching but don't expect to think it was amazing, more, good, and weird.

My bro saw all the rings films. Basically said that the extended versions were the only way to watch them. That sstupid things get cut out in the regular versions leaving it feeling disjointed and jumpy.

I've watched the extended LOTR back to back atleast 3 times now, it never gets old, you just need to have a lot of time set aside for it :)

Another one well worth seeing is "Moon": http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1182345/
Directed by a new up and coming UK director "Duncan Jones"

I'll shut up now, I supposed to be working
crazy.gif

Yeah. Lots of time.

I'm not really a fan of peter Jackson. I thought king kong was pointless, if you're going to remake a film, a classic film, either update it or do it better than the first, I don't think he did. Hecould have shortened it a bit, it needed better pace,

I think I'll watch coraline today. Maybe find another film too.

Yup. Ha ha

no I was only saying how a film tends to disappoint after you've read the book. It was the same for me with clear and present danger, a few king books (although out of all the adaptations king tends to have slightly better made ones)

I'm sure if I hadn't read the book I probably would have liked the film. Go ahead and reinstate it. Stings not bad either. But he does have really odd technique on the bass.

Watched the imaginarium of dr parnassus last night.. Bit odd, not sure if I like it yet...
i had the same thing with the film bronson i read the book first which was great because it was so in depth then 2 weeks later watched the film and thought it sucked

Shawshank Redemption

Family Guy Star Wars series (if it counts)

some faves are (All US):

napoleon dynamite
office space
city of god (exception as its brazilian) very good film
eagle eye (saw it last night it was great)
the soloist
paranormal activity

and many more i cant remember lol

city of god
forrest gump
shaw shank redemption
green mile
winnie mandela biography
hotel rwanda
saving private ryan
black hawk down
boys in the hood