Fat or dieing

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Armin123456

Reaction score
Hi I was wondering if my zebra danio is fat or has some problem with him.......heā€™s been like this for about 1-2 weeks approximately but the bump on the underside of him isnā€™t getting bigger or smaller.......I have provided a picture of himself

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 131
Hi and welcome to the forum :)

It's a bit hard to tell form the picture, but the overall body shape would suggest it's a female that is full of eggs.

Check the fish and see if the scales are sticking out sideways.

If the fish is eating well and acting normally, and the scales are not sticking out, then it's a female with eggs.

I donā€™t know what you mean by if the scales are sticking out sideways.... Iā€™m not familiar with the fish anatomy lol but he is very active and is always eating fine when I feed him

Look at the fish from above. The scales which cover the body normally lie flat against the body but in a condition called dropsy they stick out so that the fish looks like an open pine cone.

Hi, his scales do appear to be sticking out sideways but a couple other of my fishes scales are sticking out too and I think they came like that from the store unless I still do not do understand if ā€œhis scales are sticking out sidewaysā€ but I donā€™t think he is suffering from dropsy

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back