F14 Automatic Feeder

ellena

Fish Gatherer
Joined
Apr 11, 2009
Messages
2,137
Reaction score
4
Points
38
Location
GB
I've searched through the threads about auto feeders and so found a PFK trial of them. They gave this a fairly good rating, but I've seen 2 reviews elsewhere saying the mechanism is too weak to turn it round. It seems the best one in my budget, so has anyone actual experience?
Thanks :)
 
unless you are going on holiday for a month and cant get someone to feed the fish, there is no point in these, feeding them is part of the reponsibility and a task which is highly enjoyable imo

waste of money
 
It's only for holidays AdAndrews. I'm planning on setting up a Betta tank at work and have a 2 week holiday planned in July.
 
Easier for some perhaps, but not in my case. I don't have anyone I could ask to go onto school premises, sign in and out and feed him for me.
 
how about just answering the o/p's question instead of thinking you know better...

I've never used the f14 fish feeder, I bought the eheim one thinking it would be one of the better ones. While it wasn' t bad it still takes some getting used to in how it delivers food and and what types of food work best with it.
If you do buy one then I'd buy it 2-3 weeks before you intend to really use it so you can get used to how it works etc etc..
 
lol, sorry, we are trying to help, i didnt want her to waste money, and for her to hae to rely on a feeder, when the possiblility could be that the feeder broke while she was away, and come home to find fish floating on the surface
 
Is it just for a betta?

I would feed lots of live foods like daphina the day i go and it should be fine for 10-12 days, just don't over feed when u get back.

I use ehiem feeders all the time, but these would over feed 1 fish on it's own! their better for large tanks with lots of fish.
I've never used the F14 but if u can set a specific amount then that would be better for a single fish.

Always test the feeder for several days befor you rely on it, to make sure it works as u expect
 
Thanks guys. It is just for a betta yes. If I can be assured he will be fine without food for that long, I am happy to leave him. It's just not what you'd expect and feels a bit wrong-lol!
 
Further to the previous replies I've got a couple of these which I have used when on holiday and I would heartily reccomend them!
you can easily measure how much is delivered at each feeding time (much better than some of the revolving cylinder types).
The only downside is they do tend to be a bit on the expensive side for what they are - I'd reccomend having a look on ebay.

Andy
 

Most reactions

Back
Top