Extra Filter For Cleaning?

Richard22b

Fish Crazy
Joined
Feb 22, 2009
Messages
219
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Bristol
Hi all
Just wanting some ideas to what filter to get.

The idea is when I clean my 525ltr tank I want to run a smaller filter in the front of my tank to clean out the particles in the water.
Due to the design of the tank it takes a while for the water to clear after a clean so I thought running a filter only when I’m cleaning is worth a try.

This should also help stop some of it just re settling on the sand.

Please see the link on my sig for pictures of the tank.

So requirements would be:
  • Good filter media
  • Fair through put of water
  • A good intake so something with good 360 suction

Any ideas?
 
Hi all
Just wanting some ideas to what filter to get.

The idea is when I clean my 525ltr tank I want to run a smaller filter in the front of my tank to clean out the particles in the water.
Due to the design of the tank it takes a while for the water to clear after a clean so I thought running a filter only when I'm cleaning is worth a try.

This should also help stop some of it just re settling on the sand.

Please see the link on my sig for pictures of the tank.

So requirements would be:
  • Good filter media
  • Fair through put of water
  • A good intake so something with good 360 suction

Any ideas?

i used to use a small PICO, filter to polish my water. did a good job (used just a few hours before i took pictures). and i used carbon as the medium.

now if you are talking about "filter" cleaning too. don't use anything! true the tank goes cloudy after you switch the filter back on. but if you remove the "cloud". you will be further depleting the bacteria. much of which you already lost in the clean.
 
There's 2 halfs to my tank and I don't remove whats in the back. So it's purely a cleaning exercise
 
Aquaballs are apparently quite good, you can stick what you like in them and I think you can add extra compartments.
 
Aquaballs are apparently quite good, you can stick what you like in them and I think you can add extra compartments.

Yer i was having a look earlier at them. they seem good. Does anyone have one and does the water get sucked in from all around compared to some filters which are very one side being a grate.
 
Based on pictures it does look 360, I think that was one of the main design features (as well as the 360-ish output).
 
Aquaballs are apparently quite good, you can stick what you like in them and I think you can add extra compartments.

Yer i was having a look earlier at them. they seem good. Does anyone have one and does the water get sucked in from all around compared to some filters which are very one side being a grate.

yes, i do! they suck from 360, but the main entry is through the bottom, as with most internals. as already stated, you can add sections, but too many will cause problems with flow. the beauty of these internals is, the fact you can choose your media, each section is a simple basket. the last time i use mine. it was in combination with a sponge bubble bio filter and i used the 2210 as a mechanical filter only. though i am not sure its of use to the OP, the outlet can be moved to a greater extent than most internals too.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top