External Filters

Having recently brought an APS 1000, i was generally impressed with the FILTER itself. I feel where it lets itself down is its claimed flow. It is pants. But then again, i paid £36 for it brand new. The pipework (apart from the hoses) does feel very weak indeed. Wouldn't fancy having to mess around with it once it has been up and running for a few months. The included media is a little on the light side also. If you do consider the APS then get the 2000 if you want decent flow. (around 900lph)

You get what you pay for at the end of the day.

mishmash said:
Rillo Boy said:
Cool....Tell him Winston with the marine tank recommended him :)

Hey Winston, THANKS
good.gif
Went over there yesterday. What a great shop. I'm sure I recognise him too, but not a clue where from LOL. I did get around to practically every shop that ever sold fish in the South East (from Dover to Essex and across to Hampshire) when I was keeping fish years ago.

The bonus is that he stocks SERA products, which I happen to highly rate.

I can thoroughly recommend Fish and Fins in Hailsham.

Told ya ! Besides its being like Alladins cave, Dave is a really nice fella to deal with.....always a bargain to be had :)....when I lived down there, I could never leave his shop without something, wether I had money on me or not !

Having recently brought an APS 1000, i was generally impressed with the FILTER itself. I feel where it lets itself down is its claimed flow. It is pants. But then again, i paid £36 for it brand new. The pipework (apart from the hoses) does feel very weak indeed. Wouldn't fancy having to mess around with it once it has been up and running for a few months. The included media is a little on the light side also. If you do consider the APS then get the 2000 if you want decent flow. (around 900lph)

would love to know where you got that figure from minnnt

would love to know where you got that figure from minnnt

Aps often have discount codes mate the recent on was -15% off your order :good:

The lph figure or the price?

The lph of the aps 2000 was tested by caz in the external filter tests thread after she had complained of the flow being poor.

The price was from aps using the discount code like bba said.

if you look in that thread me and 3 others have readings of over 1200 unlike caz 900

i would take the majority on this

it also helps if you dont test with the spray bar

with the spray bar on yes the flow sucks

but without its sweet

come and see my tank with 2 running

I also have a aps and tested with media giving 350lph on the 1000, thats without a spary bar, there no getting aways from the asp flow is crap on every model, as minnnt said though for the money you cant moan to much i just refuse to spend hundreds on tank and fish to put the netto of all filters in my tank

Very true mate.

The only problem with that is that most people like to use spraybars to increase surface movement and movement in general.

i just refuse to spend hundreds on tank and fish to put the netto of all filters in my tank
[/quote]

Well said !

Burger ! I just missed out on a Tetratec 1200. 2nd hand, my max bid was £51 in the last 5 seconds and some git snuck in with £52 !!!

Out of interest, does anyone know what Q-Max means in the filter name "Tetratec EX1200 Q-Max" ???

Someone also said the JBL Cristal Profi externals are very quiet too. And same with the SERA's (which I believe are made in Germany unlike the Eheims which are apparently now made in Chine, grrr).

You got a link to the ad? Sounds like some dodgey seller not really knowing what he is on about.

Nevermind, i've found it now. I think it's just a mistake. :good:

OK :) Well I missed out anyway. But to be honest I felt that £50ish for a 2nd hand one was fair money. Any more and I would rather save £5 in petrol or postage and pay the other £30 on top and get a new one that I can take back if it goes belly up.

Right, I may be posting this in the FOR SALE section, but may as well mention it on here too for all those who read it.... ANYONE want a brand new Aqua One Advance 750 ? LOL

LOL!

I sold one to Cynic for £50. They're worth that at least. Obviously if you can get one cheaper then thats great. :good:

LOL!

I sold one to Cynic for £50. They're worth that at least. Obviously if you can get one cheaper then thats great. :good:

Hey minnnt ? You sold an aqua one for £50 or are u referring to one of the other ones mentioned ? was it the same model that I have ? Used or New ? Cheers

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back